1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How can I put names in phone.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Jwhyjim, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Jwhyjim

Jwhyjim Newbie
    None

Jun 12, 2015
    Male
    I just bought a Samsung Galaxy J3 which is perfect for my world. Best Buy installed Contacts but I noticed that there are some missing. I liked my old Samsung and it was easy to install names/phone/etc. This isn't. At least for now.

But I can't find instructions to this one. How do I insert names into the Contacts. I got a manual but so far I haven't found how to do Contacts. I know it's there but... where.

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Go to your contacts app, click on the + sign, or 3 dot or gear in upper corner, choose new contact. Fill in the fields, choose save or the check mark. Done. Add as many as you need. Now your phone app should have them listed to call

badcatz and svim like this.
  3. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Strongly suggest you also confirm your new J3 is linked and syncing with your online Google account. Things like email, calendar, and contacts will be automatically backed up and synced with your Google account. Never rely on your phone as a safe way to store your personal data, backups are really important.

badcatz and Dannydet like this.
  4. Jwhyjim

Jwhyjim Newbie
    None

Jun 12, 2015
    Male
    Thanks, it was 10 dots. I'm careful with google account, they really ripped up a lot of my stuff when they bought dslextreme.com (a small service provider in Northridge CA) and changed 5 of my links into different links, including my blog and more. And then last year they dropped dslextreme.com and left me with a mess. But dsl fixed it up again.

DSL as mentioned is a great little company, real people answering phones, etc. A little secret in the San Fernando valley.

5. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Google never bought up DSL Extreme, although maybe you were confusing things as Google is competing with a lot of ISPs with its fiber services. DSL Extreme is still its own private company, although a quick, bizarre search did show that DSL Extreme is a subsidiary of BroadVoice which is itself a subsidiary of Convergent Networks, Inc.

6. Jwhyjim

Jwhyjim Newbie
    None

Jun 12, 2015
    Male
    Well we sure had a lot of Google stuff floating around, at least four or five of my links added google to them. And last year I remember DSL Extreme sending emails to all of that that we wont be using any Google to us anymore as DSL is leaving Google (in their words).