• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how can I recover a number which I failed to save

alexber4

Lurker
Feb 13, 2018
Hi guys
it sounds a bit odd I guess but I just get to know a girl in a Cafe. We had some nice chat and she gave me her number afterwards. She input it and also input her name in contacts. Then she handed it back to me. Sadly I missed to click on save contact. Later on I had some calls with other people. Now I realize that the number is gone.

Is there any way I can restore it? Is there maybe any app which can restore all text / numbers which I typed in before? I heard about these apps.

Happy for your advice

Alex

There's probably little you can do. Anything that could record something like your keystrokes would have to be installed before the matter. And since her contact info wasn't actually saved, there's nothing that can be done through the Contacts app on your phone nor through the web interface of your email account (if you have your contacts set up to auto-sync with your online account).
If you use Gmail as your primary email account, you could try going to
https://contacts.google.com
and log into your account. In the left side panel click on 'More' and then in the resulting drop-down menu select 'Undo changes'. There's a remote chance (very remote) that her info was saved as some kind of rough draft entry. If you're using a different email service, there's a good chance that also has some kind of similar option buried in a menu somewhere. But don't get your hopes up too much, just something to try.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones