• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I reduce my Awake time? (pic)

Brooks777

Jul 20, 2010
Alright, so I enjoy learning as much as I can about my devices by just playing around with them and experimenting on my own.. but I'd like to get some input from others now :)..

The extended battery in my Nexus has really added just the right amount of extended time to make me feel really satisfied coming from an extended battery powered Droid X (That thing was a beast.. I was hitting 42hrs like it was nothin').. but.. I'd like more, please :).

Here's what I've got right now -
screenshot2011122722005.png

I usually get around 18hrs or so daily by managing what apps are loaded in the background. I don't use task killers.. I just load up the Running apps section and Force Stop the ones using the most power.

I've seen a few forum posts describing ways to reduce the awake time.. but they seem to not be coming up in the search (at least not for the Nexus).

Any Ideas?

Well, I'm pretty new to this model myself. That being said, reading your graph at first blush, it looks like most of the power usage is going to your radios, cell or wifi. Maybe turn one off, if you can? Regarding your specific request, I'd guess that "awake" is a function of the OS that you can't really control. I'd love to hear from someone in the know though.

Upvote 0
I posted my christmas battery stats over at xda with all the screenshots. Its a good comparison if you think something is keeping your device awake:

Battery over Christmas... 1d 21h - xda-developers

I managed 1 day 21 hours 5 minutes and 49 seconds with 14% battery left.
Screen time and what used what are all over there too.

Great comparo and results sounds about right with a UV kernel. Thanks for posting :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones