1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How can I remove all of my Facebook contacts in one go from my contact list on my S4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by davezb, Oct 18, 2014.

1. davezb

davezb Lurker

All 1200 of my Facebook contacts now appear in my main contact list. I have tried deleting them but it only hides them and I can only do them one at a time. Any help please in getting rid of them in one go would be appreciated

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Android Expert

in the facebook app, in settings, you should be able to turn off 'sync contacts'

3. davezb

davezb Lurker

Thanks for the tip. I went into my settings and that is already disabled so I'm still stumped

4. allanlaw

allanlaw Android Enthusiast

Come at it from the other direction. Go to Contacts on the phone, then Accounts using the menu key. Is Facebook listed? If not, then go to Contacts to Display using the menu key, and see if anything comes to mind like not displaying contacts unless a phone number is provided which should knock out your Facebook listings. Then go to Settings from the menu key if the problem persists and give that a try. Good luck.

dynomot likes this.
  5. davezb

davezb Lurker

I tried all that Allan and they were already unchecked. I'm a bit stumped on how to do it. Thanks for your help

6. allanlaw

allanlaw Android Enthusiast

Let's clarify. You selected "Only contacts with phones" under Settings when in Contacts, and the Facebook listings persisted? So you have phone numbers listed for your Facebook folks? That's curious. Oh well. :thinking:

7. pcdebb

pcdebb Android Enthusiast

In contact list, bring up the menu, then "Contacts to display", what does it tell you? I kept having this problem on my Note3 where my FB contacts kept coming back, and it did it on my S4, but now it doesnt.

8. davezb

davezb Lurker

Hi Allan
    I discovered that by doing what you said, it seemed to correct itself after 2 days. Hmmmm funny it took that long. When i went into my contacts it showed all my Whatsapp contacts too so i went into my menu and i was able to select "contacts i can see" and i selected sim and now it seems back to normal. Thank you for your help

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews