• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I "reset/re-sync" the Market app?

mj1

Lurker
Sep 24, 2010
Hi,

I am running Android 2.2 on a Droid.

Last week I was notified of an available update to SportsTap. When I tried to do the update, the download failed. Now the Market app is goofed up with respect to SportsTap. Other apps update normally; but whenever I enter Market->Downloads, it states it is currently downloading SportsTap--which is always unsuccessful. If I finger tap on the SportsTap download graphic, my only option on the next screen is to cancel the download. If I do that, I also have to Force Close the Market app.

I am wondering how I can make Market forget that it needs to download SportsTap so that maybe I can get out of this crazy loop. Note that I tried clearing the Market cache, but that didn't help.

For me, an cancel download does an effective uninstall. Then a reinstall of the stuck app works ... if it doesn't get stuck again for random reasons.

Others have been successful with going to Home, Settings, Application Data, All Programs, Market, Clear data/cache.

The latter tip (to clear the data/cache of the Market app) did the trick! Thanks very much for the help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones