1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How can i rest my phone when the rest factory and recovery is not work?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by endtime, May 24, 2018.

1. endtime

endtime Lurker

Please i need and urgent help with my htc one m8, it get stock at the log stage, the factory rest is not working and if i direct it to recovering it will just hang at the pink recovery sign. Please what can i do? My S-ON is on but my bootloader is unlock.

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If you still have the HTC stock recovery then after entering recovery mode you need to press another button combination to see the recovery menu. I think you press volume up+power together when you have the recovery screen in front of you, then you can select reset from the menu.

I don't know why HTC hide the menu in recovery mode, but they do (or at least did with devices of that period).

3. endtime

endtime Lurker

Thank you verymuch for your quick reply, but the issue is that, i can't access my recovery panel. am stock in my bootloader.

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

So what is this "pink recovery sign" it hangs at? I assumed you meant the red triangle on a black background of a regular HTC recovery.

What exactly does happen when you try to access recovery?

With an unlocked bootloader you could use fastboot to do a reset. All a factory reset does is erase the cache and data partitions, so you could use the "fastboot erase <partition>" command to do this. If you can get into the bootloader then just select fastboot mode (if it doesn't boot straight into that mode), connect to your computer and run fastboot on there (since your bootloader is unlocked I assume you already have that set up, since you use fastboot to unlock it).

However, not being able to access recovery suggests there may be something wrong that a reset won't fix. So you may need to reinstall recovery or reflash the device completely (using a RUU, a HTC ROM Upgrade Utility). If you can tell us why you want to reset, i.e. what is wrong, and how it got into this state, it will be easier to advise.

(I'm afraid I'm not going to be online much longer tonight though).

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews