1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How can I return to factory firmware- Japanese Desire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ken Hikage, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Ken Hikage

Ken Hikage Lurker

Hello everyone. I'll start by admitting my incredible noobness. :eek: Right after FroYo came out last year I got the WWE firmware instead of waiting for it to come to Japan. Since then I haven't been able to SMS properly. And then, after I allowed it to perform a minor update it went into a startup loop. The only thing I could figure out to do was to wipe it.:eek:

Since I've already done the hardest thing(wiping without a backup), I just want to return to the stock Japanese firmware. Ihave tried both RUU_Bravo_SoftBank_JP_1.18.762.2_Radio_32.34.00.28U_4.05.00.30_2_rel_123706.exe and RUU_Bravo_SoftBank_JP_1.18.762.7_Radio_32.34.00.28U_4.05.00.30_2_release_128910_signed.exe. And they both give me an error.

I made a goldcard back when I changed to WWE, but I don't know if that's still good or even necessary for what I want to do. I don't understand this stuff well enough.:thinking: I also tried this: RUU_Bravo_SoftBank_JP(X06HT Rooted to Unroot):

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ken Hikage

Ken Hikage Lurker

I'm thinking of moving to CyanogenMod instead. What do you think? Is learning how to do all this worth it?

At least if I had the factory firmware back I could use SMS. It gives android a bad name when I tell my Japanese friends that I can't use SMS (or s!mail).

3. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

What error did the RUU give? You dont need a goldcard to go back to (your) stock. Have you tried doing it without the goldcard?

Error would really help though

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews