1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How can I revert to Froyo?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by caribbean_spur, Aug 29, 2011.

1. caribbean_spur

Hi guys,

Ok, here the deal, a few months ago I bought a SGS GT-I9000T and via Kies updated it to Froyo, all was great, then updated to Gingerbread (not rooted or anything fancy), and everything went down the hill from then, force close,,random shutdown, drained battery ,.....

anyway, I replaced the phone and the new I got, was already on froyo, so I kept it like that. The phone has been working great, even the gps works well (was not working on the first on too well). It has been 4 months. The problem is,now I am starting to see apps that require gingerbread so I am tempted to do the update, but only if I can revert if things go south.

Can somebody tell me if it is possible without going through complicated maneuvers. Anyway, my Froyo version is :
    FROYO.UBJP9
    Firmeware 2.2.1
    Kernel: 2.6.32.9 latin.umts@samsung#1

Any help would be nice.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sbnaul

sbnaul Well-Known Member

yup... u can always use odin to flash back to froyo provided u get the 3 file firmware from News - www.SamFirmware.com alongwith repartition enabled and a pit file... i ve done it a couple of times... or else even a firmware which has the boot files will do ur job... for checking that just download any firmware... open the file and see whether it has boot.bin and sbl.bin

caribbean_spur likes this.
  3. caribbean_spur

what is repartition enabled and a pit file. Sorry for the newbie questions?

4. Northerndj

Northerndj Member

Repartion wipes the section were the firmware is kept

5. caribbean_spur

found repartition and pit file but I keep going circles for the firmeware. Does not seem to be there anymore.

6. caribbean_spur

Well, turns out they don't have my firmware. Can someone tell me how to extract the firmware for the phone, since I have not done the upgrade yet. Thanks!

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews