• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I revert to Froyo?

Hi guys,

Ok, here the deal, a few months ago I bought a SGS GT-I9000T and via Kies updated it to Froyo, all was great, then updated to Gingerbread (not rooted or anything fancy), and everything went down the hill from then, force close,,random shutdown, drained battery ,.....

anyway, I replaced the phone and the new I got, was already on froyo, so I kept it like that. The phone has been working great, even the gps works well (was not working on the first on too well). It has been 4 months. The problem is,now I am starting to see apps that require gingerbread so I am tempted to do the update, but only if I can revert if things go south.

Can somebody tell me if it is possible without going through complicated maneuvers. Anyway, my Froyo version is :
FROYO.UBJP9
Firmeware 2.2.1
Kernel: 2.6.32.9 latin.umts@samsung#1

Any help would be nice.

yup... u can always use odin to flash back to froyo provided u get the 3 file firmware from News - www.SamFirmware.com alongwith repartition enabled and a pit file... i ve done it a couple of times... or else even a firmware which has the boot files will do ur job... for checking that just download any firmware... open the file and see whether it has boot.bin and sbl.bin

Reactions: caribbean_spur
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones