• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I save email attachments

Sorry but I cannot find that option. I didn't see anything in account settings nor any options/choices while retrieving the email or the attachment - with all the clicking and holding I could think of.

I just want to be able to save some attachments as documents for reference.

Thanks - but I'm still baffled.

Upvote 0
I am having the SAME problem. There is NO option to save attachment only to Preview it. I have tried all the menu keys, I've tried holding down on various parts of the message to see if a fly-out menu appears...this is bizzare...all I wanted to do is send an mp3 file (my ringtone from my old phone) to this device. Any idea what is going on here?
Thanks!!! I am seeing similar complaints in other forums so something is clearly going on...

Upvote 0
I don't see a Download button next to or below my gmail message with an MP3 file attached. However, a gmail message with an attached JPG picture can be opened, the picture viewed--and there is a Download button on the bottom. Thus, the issue seems to be limited to MP3 attachments and our inability to save them...

--Tony

Upvote 0
^^^^

I don't think this is Verizon's doing (at least not because of anti-piracy) because in addition to mp3s, I'm also unable to download pdfs and docs.

So far, jpeg is the only file that I can save to my phone and it automatically save to a location (I'm not able to specify where I want to save it).

This appears to be an issue with the GMail app.

Upvote 0
^^^^

I don't think this is Verizon's doing (at least not because of anti-piracy) because in addition to mp3s, I'm also unable to download pdfs and docs.

So far, jpeg is the only file that I can save to my phone and it automatically save to a location (I'm not able to specify where I want to save it).

This appears to be an issue with the GMail app.

No not just Gmail. I tried the same thing from my regular email. Same mp3 same issue.

Upvote 0
everyone is right on about this "download" issue. I have spoke in detail with motorola directly and verizon after elevating my issue to higher ups no one can explain why i only get the option to "download" a jpeg attached to a gmail email as opposed to "downloading " anything for that matter on any of my other pop3 email accts. i explained to them i don't care if the phone (droid) does not have the app with the ability to open/read the file let me at least save it to the sd card in the phone,i'll then hook the phone up to my laptop and transfer it to that computer where i have the proper software platform for that specified file. after all shouldn't the phone work like one big ole ram stick? if there is a fix someone let me know i have about 23 days left that i can return this thing. how could they not know this?

Upvote 0
Obviously Im having the same issue. Another point to make about it, gmail can send/receive very large files. I got one just now, 20+ mb, and I clicked preview and AndroZip just kept choking on it. Where as if I could just download it direct to the SD card, I could open it with whatever I want.

Upvote 0
Well, I just used the originala charger/USB cable to move all my music and ringtone MP3 files to several /Music subfolders on the Droid; they all play just fine, as intended.

Let's see what what the Moto/Google team does about this unfortunate OS hole.

--Tony

How did you do that??

Everytime I try and drag a file and it said "The disk is write-protected"

Upvote 0
its gotta be the email and gmail programs on the phone. Its hard to believe they would leave that option out by accident when they created them........ Best way right now at least for mp3 is to forward it to Yournumbergoeshere@vzwpix.com. Of course this is only good if you have text and picture message added on your plan. Then just long press on that specific message off to the side of the play button and select save to sd card. haven't tried this with any other types of attachments.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones