• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can i select other apps when running Android Auto

When I connect my Nexus 6p to the car Android auto automatically starts and on my phone screen I can just see the text: Android Auto and I can't do anything with the phone.
My wife connects with HTC M9 to the car and she can see on her phone all Android Auto compatible apps and select any app she wants. How can I do it on my phone? Currently if I want to play youtube for example I can't since Spotify is my default music app

Please excuse my intrusion into this thread but I'm hoping you might be able to answer an AA question for someone that has just installed a new Pioneer Head Unit but is uncertain if it is functioning correctly. I do have AA installed and running. Once connected to the HU it takes all control from the handset to the HU and you can't access the handset. The issue is this; the pre-purchase research indicated that the HU would display those apps that were AA compatible. While I believe that AA is installed and functioning, I can't for the life of me get any apps to display. The only explanations/causes I can come up with would be 1) incorrect cabling. 2) The Verizon Droid Turbo is missing something from the OS and is too old. or 3) This unit never had the capability of displaying the apps in the first place. The HU does allow the control (hands free) of GPS, Music, and SMS but no app display...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones