1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How can I send an audio file as a text??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jimeller, Feb 16, 2011.

1. jimeller

jimeller Android Enthusiast

Is it possible to send an audio file as an SMS/MMS? I have a file in dropbox that I want to send to a mate via Go SMS.

The only options Ive got in the Dropbox menu are email or Bluetooth. Ive located the file using Astro (DB folder) but agian, I get the same options.

I guess what I'm asking is, should I move the file to another folder in order to do this, as Go SMS options only let me send a system audio file.

Many thanks.

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

It may be over the file size limit for MMS which is not very big.

I cant get an option to send anything from dropbox via mms

In Astro, I get the option to "Send" using MMS for small files and not for over-the-limit files.

3. SiHa

SiHa Android Enthusiast

can't you put it in your 'Public' dropbox folder and send a link to the file?
    Dropbox - How do I link to files in my Dropbox? -

That's what Dropbox is for, after all.

4. jimeller

Right OK, I think its a 2.5MB file, so maybe thats why. I'll have to email it.

5. jimeller

Yeah but he doesn't have an account, he can barely work a calculator, hence the reason for sending it MMS.

6. SiHa

SiHa Android Enthusiast

:rolleyes:

OK, but he doesn't actually need an account, (if the file is in your Public folder), just a phone with a browser. You send text with a link, he opens the text, opens the link and the phone should download the file.

Tags: