1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How can I tell what method I used to sign into my SwiftKey account?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by JohnJSal, Oct 16, 2020.

1. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Android Expert

I just installed SwiftKey onto a new device, but I can't figure out which method to use to log in to my account. The only options seem to be Google or Microsoft.

On my other devices where I'm already logged into the account in the SwiftKey app, I can see my email address, but there's no indication of the login method.

I tried the Microsoft method but when I entered my email address, it said there wasn't an account with that email address. That would seem to leave Google as the only option, but I checked my Google Account and SwiftKey is not listed as one of the apps for which I use "Signing in with Google."

So I'm stumped as to how I should log into the app. Any thoughts on how I can be sure which is the correct method?

I created a SwiftKey account long ago, well before Microsoft even took over, and I feel like I used an email/password method to create a new account, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Thanks!

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

have you tried entering your google info? just do a forget password for swiftkey

MrJavi likes this.
  3. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Android Expert

I went ahead and logged in with my Google account just to check it. Is it supposed to sync with all of my statistics, custom themes, etc.? Because none of that is there, but I did notice that the long alphanumeric key that you can see when you click on the Account option is the same as my other devices. I'm guessing that means it's the same account?

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

no idea as far as syncing goes. i have not used swiftkey in a very long time as my note 10+ has swype built in to it's keyboard which i like.

not sure on themes, but i found this:
    https://support.swiftkey.com/hc/en-us/articles/201448622-How-to-use-Backup-Sync

MrJavi likes this.
  5. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Android Expert

Hmm, doesn't mention stats or themes, but I suppose I could try adding a word to the dictionary and seeing if it appears on the other devices.

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I know SwiftKey accounts should have been migrated over to Microsoft. Mine was. And the only sync options for the current SwiftKey app seem to be Microsoft or Google. Other than that, I can't really help you.

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  7. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Android Expert

Are you able to log in with an email and password with the Microsoft option?

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Yes, using my Outlook account.

MrJavi likes this.
  9. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Android Expert

Hmm, my email address for my account is my Gmail address, which is definitely what I would have used, but I still don't think I used the Google method. But I suppose the fact that the app key is the same across all three of my devices must mean it's the same account.....

10. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I moved this to the Swiftkey channel. :)

SwiftKey Keyboard

SwiftKey Keyboard Forum

com.touchtype.swiftkey

SwiftKey is the best swipe keyboard from Microsoft. The keyboard learns your writing style, so you can type faster. Use your personalized keyboard to type and send emoji, GIFs and more just the way you like. The SwiftKey swipe keyboard is always learning and adapting to match your unique way of typing - including your slang, nicknames and emoji. The built-in emoji keyboard has every emoji you’ll ever need and more. SwiftKey learns your favorite emoji so you can always send your friends the right reactions. SwiftKey caters to all typing tastes, with free designs and themes to fit any style. The custom keyboard provides autocorrect that actually works. SwiftKey provides helpful predictions, so you can get your point across fast, without errors. Type and text any way you like, with swipe-to-type, tap-to-type, predictive emoji and a GIF keyboard. Download SwiftKey, the #1 swipe keyboard, today. TYPE LESS, DO MORE Best Swipe Keyboard
- Swipe to type or tap to type - Spell checker and auto text with A.I.-powered predictions - Custom keyboard toolbar with an expandable menu of quick shortcuts Emoji Keyboard
- Use emoji, GIFs and stickers to express yourself - Emoji keyboard is adaptive, learning and predicting your favorite emoticons for any conversation - Browse the GIF keyboard to select the best GIF for your reaction Custom Keyboard
- 100+ colorful keyboard themes - Make your own custom keyboard theme with your photo as the background - Customize your keyboard size and layout Multilingual Keyboard
- Enable up to five languages at once - Keyboard supports over 300 languages Get the custom keyboard that always matches your style – download SwiftKey Keyboard today! Find out more about SwiftKey’s key features: https://www.microsoft.com/swiftkey SUPPORTS 300+ LANGUAGES: English (US, UK, AU, CA) Spanish (ES, LA, US) Portuguese (PT, BR) German Turkish French Arabic Russian Italian Polish

READ MORE
March 19, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
500M+
Installs