• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I tell whats keeping my phone awake?

karong

Jun 18, 2010
NYC
my uptime is 117:27 and awake time is 114:11. This is the first time Ive seen the numbers so high and that close together. They are usually much far apart. and i noticed my battery has been draining alot faster than usual the past few days so im assuming something is keeping my phone awake. How can i tell whats causing it? I havent downloaded any new apps in the last few days so I dont know what it could be.

Ok so it says Internet is the highest usage but when i see the time it says 5s. That cant be right??

look at the next drop down...this gives the time period for which it has collected data...

when you open spare parts and click battery you see

other usage drop down (this is the one you change to partial wake)

and since last unplugged drop down... so if all is working correctly your statement would indicate to me that you just unplugged the phone recently

try changing this to since boot or in all time.

to start a fresh "tracking session" reboot your phone and use the since last boot every few hours or so to track what has been using the battery

Upvote 0
Open Google Talk and uncheck the Automatic Sign in and then sign out of the program.

If your on 2.2 and have the marketplace app called LED Flashlight installed, uninstall it.

my uptime is 117:27 and awake time is 114:11. This is the first time Ive seen the numbers so high and that close together. They are usually much far apart. and i noticed my battery has been draining alot faster than usual the past few days so im assuming something is keeping my phone awake. How can i tell whats causing it? I havent downloaded any new apps in the last few days so I dont know what it could be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones