• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I turn the recovery mode on on a Lenovo S890 ?

Hi guys,

I am trying to turn my lenovo s890 bought in CHina in recovery mode, I can't make it.

Any idea how to do that ?

What I've tried so far :
- Power off the phone
- unplug the battery
- plug the battery
- hold teh power button few seconds
- press the volume up & volume down right away

But not successful ??

Hello,

Was just going inquire regarding the phone, in general how is it?

Battery life (wish they would come out with a larger one)
GPS (w/o internet)
Screen appearance.
Front Camera
Does it work on your network (3g) as heard some things regarding issues with networks and how is signal for network and Wifi

Thanks for any feedback

Upvote 0
I managed to boot in "Fatory mode"
I want to completely reset this phone as it can't boot anymore. I may have deleted wrong android files in root mode.

BTW, do you know where can I find a ROW rom for this phone ? the one from Lenovo sucks.

I have searched and really cannot find much support for this device as it really isn't that popular, so sorry but no i have no idea.

Hello,

Was just going inquire regarding the phone, in general how is it?

Battery life (wish they would come out with a larger one)
GPS (w/o internet)
Screen appearance.
Front Camera
Does it work on your network (3g) as heard some things regarding issues with networks and how is signal for network and Wifi

Thanks for any feedback

Just be wary that this device, as i stated above, does not have much developer support, so in the case of the OP there really isn't much we can do for him.

Upvote 0
To answer :

Battery Life is ok
GPS : Does not work outside of China. I guess it's more a software issue than an hardware issue.
Screen is quite good compare to my Iphone 3GS
3G and Wifi no problem at all.

This phone is good from an hardware point of view but really bad from a software point of view as Lenovo has its own layer on top of Android ICS and it's full of Chinese.

Any idea where can I find a ROW ROM for this mobile phone Lenovo S890 ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones