• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how can i uninstall the latest android update?

treeface99

Mar 18, 2011
Hi all

I have just done the latest android update and have come accross 2 problems as a result of it.

First problem - when press the call button, the keypad appears but no call history above it. If i press a number and delete it, call history reappears.

Second problem. Wireless looses connection (happens on a number of networks). I have to turn wifi off and back on again to get the connection back.

I really really want to solve these problems as they are driving me mad!! Failing that, I would like to uninstall this last update if possible?

Has anyone else experienced these isues?

No probs :)

Ok, open your contacts on the phone, then do the following.

Menu -> Import/Export -> Export to SD Card. You'll be given phone, SIM or google. If you've saved your contacts to your phone, select phone etc. Then a progress bar should appear on the screen. Once that's done, mount your phone as a disk drive on the PC and browse to it on My Computer. There should be a file on the root of the SD with the extension .vcf or .csv, copy that to your desktop.

Go back into your gmail account, click contacts again, then the white button which says More actions. Then Import, then select the file you just copied to your desktop.

Voila, your contacts are backed up to Gmail! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones