• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how can i update my galaxy s2 with baseband version i9100xxkf1 to android 2.3.5

Dear sgs2 lovers.. i bought a new samsung galaxy s2 from Dubai. Its baseband version is i9100xxkf1. I want to upgrade it to gingerbread 2.3.5, how can i ddone that. i also cant boot into downloading mode. iInstead of downloading mod, i got a different screen with some other options like reboot, format cache, instal from sd card etc..
pls help me...

Dear sgs2 lovers.. i bought a new samsung galaxy s2 from Dubai. Its baseband version is i9100xxkf1. I want to upgrade it to gingerbread 2.3.5, how can i ddone that. i also cant boot into downloading mode. iInstead of downloading mod, i got a different screen with some other options like reboot, format cache, instal from sd card etc..
pls help me...

See my guide for rooting in the root section. The process is the same.

1. You will need Odin and Kies installed (see guide for links)
2. You use Odin to flash the new rom (I recommend Sicopat's rooted stock rom from XDA developers). KI3 version is android 2.3.5

To get into download mode you need to press volume down, home, and power. You were pressing volume UP, home and power which takes you into recovery mode.

Reactions: ajithvarghese
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones