1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How can i update software?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fujipo814, Dec 14, 2020.

1. fujipo814

fujipo814 Lurker

Help me

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

That's a low-end phone released in 2014, so you are almost certainly not going to get any more updates for it. It looks like the most recent firmware for this device (any of the several models) is Android 4.4.4.

You can't just download and install a more recent version from somewhere. Android (like any mobile OS) has to be built for the particular model of device. So unless the manufacturer makes an update (in which case "check for updates" in the system settings will tell you) your options are to live with it or to root the device and (a) find a "custom ROM" that someone else has built for this particular model or (b) build one yourself (which will require a lot of learning). For most people "live with it" is the answer, I'm afraid.

If you want to try the custom ROM route, do your research first: make sure you understand what you have to do step by step, make sure that a suitable custom ROM actually exists for your model of device, and make sure you know how you will undo it or get your phone working again if something goes wrong. And I'm very serious about "your model of device": I don't just mean "Galaxy" or "Galaxy Mega" or even "Galaxy Mega 2", I mean the particular model of Mega 2 you have (e.g. SM-G750F or SM-G7508Q) - trying to install a ROM for a different model will not work.

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.

Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 release date was September 2014. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Exynos 4415 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

September 2014
Release Date
Reviews