1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How can I upgrade the RAM on my Android device?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Guido Francis, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Guido Francis

Guido Francis Lurker

How can I upgrade the RAM on my Android device?

The Android device I am currently using is named the Mate 33 PRO; Manufactured by Huawei.

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Increase the ram by purchasing a new phone that has more ram.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Unlike computers, it's not possible to increase the amount of RAM in a phone.

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Smartphone RAM is soldered onto the logic board itself so this isn't something that is readily upgraded. It's for the most part a fixed amount, as is.
    Just for a visual detail (taken from https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Huawei+Mate+30+Pro+Teardown/127743 step 10), here's the logic board from a Mate30 so this isn't exactly the same as what's inside your phone but a very close representation:
    Mate30Pro-mobo.jpg
    The 8GB RAM chip being highlighted in red. The internal components are not in sockets or modular so replacing/upgrading them just isn't practical. If you really need more RAM in your phone, you need to buy a different phone.

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  5. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Expert

Actually if your phone has an external sd card supported..you can increase it by the swap method..of course, you will always find detractors in life for every move you do..and there will always be people that say that doesn't work..but this method is proven to work..it's improved my Note4..

So in the swap method..if you decided to go through that..don't do neither the Fat32 nor the Ext4..just the Swap..add just 1gb of RAM..you'll notice the big difference..

Say thanks to @MrJavi..by the way

ocnbrze likes this.