1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How can the iphone have an app that shows so many LIVE UK channels?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by OM2, Dec 26, 2011.

1. OM2

OM2 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 12, 2010
    One of the reasons why I love my Android is because of the BBC player on my phone
    Wow! I can watch live BBC tv on my phone - that's just awesome

But then I got an iPhone - its got an app that shows many more channels - like itv and channel 4 channels
    OMG! That is just awesome
    How do they do it? I souls have thought they needed licensing from each of the channels??

Very much jealous now. Why can't we have the same on Android?
    Is there a good reason apart from the fact that no one has developed the app yet?

Such an app, even I'd free could make loads from advertising revenue (i'm assuming)

(i got rid of the iPhone because it sucks otherwise!)

OM

Advertisement

2. ImperialJohn

ImperialJohn Member
    None

Mar 17, 2011

I believe you will need a tv license to watch it if you're in the UK and you're watching live "as it is broadcast".

I actually had Sky TV on a really old Nokia N70 I got at the beginning of 2006 on Vodafone which was free for the first few months to trial. I don't believe that the television was live though it seemed to be pre-recorded stuff that was being played back. I was unaware that iPlayer was live? I thought it was just a way to watch archive footage later as with similar channels like Sky Player, 4OD and Demand Five?

3. OM2

OM2 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 12, 2010
    I've used an iPhone app that has several tv channels - more than BBC iplayer