1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How can we find created date of a folder?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by iamgvk, Jan 25, 2016.

1. iamgvk

iamgvk Lurker

HI All,

I am using Moto E mobile and installed ES file explorer. I am trying to find out the created date of folders , But was unable to find out . How Can we find out . Please help me.

Thanks,

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. glc

glc Android Enthusiast

Install a terminal program and use the ls command.

Crashdamage likes this.
  3. iamgvk

iamgvk Lurker

I can see in Playstore terminal emulator for Android ... Is it that one you are saying..

4. glc

glc Android Enthusiast

There are several.

5. iamgvk

iamgvk Lurker

Okay... I installed Terminal emulator for Android. Can you please tell me the command to know the created date of folder. I tried some the commands in forums. But none of them didn't work.

6. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Just use a good file explorer, and turn on folder details.

7. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Android Expert

Agreed, I use ES too, just long press the folder and it will come up with a check box for selecting. Then press the three dot menu at the top right and select "properties"

8. iamgvk

iamgvk Lurker

I tried with many of File mangers app... But it was showing Modified date ... It was not showing Created date . Can you suggest any good file manger which will show created date ....

9. iamgvk

iamgvk Lurker

I tried with many of File mangers app... But it was showing Modified date ... It was not showing Created date . Can you suggest any good file manger which will show created date ....

10. gupta jee

gupta jee Newbie

just got in details

11. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

If you've modified it, then nothing can show you the created date. It's probably gone.

12. svim

svim Extreme Android User

In a terminal the 'stat' command won't show you the creation date but it will show you the modified date and the previous modified date. I guess this will only help you if you know those folders you're looking into have only been changed once since they were created.

Madbat likes this.