1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General How can we solve the right click remote desktop problem?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by revisions, Jan 6, 2012.

1. revisions

revisions Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    So I got my dock today and I've begun sampling remote desktop solutions including several RDP clients, VNC clients and Splashtop HD.

So far Splashtop seems to be the clear winner in terms of video performance, which is important to me as I'd like to at least be able to do simple things in games with high video demands (check the auction house in MMOs for example). The problem is that when I plug in a USB mouse or use the touchpad with Splashtop HD, there is no right click support- right click seems to be bound at some level to back in Android. I have not pulled the trigger yet on Remote RDP (paid) because I already own splashtop, so any comparison between the video on the two would be great, also.

So, questions:

How might it be possible to change the way android sees a right click from the mouse? If it were possible to make android see a right click as a random rarely used character like ` (tilde), there are ways to tell your desktop to interpret such a key as a right click (mousefighter comes to mind).

If the above proves impossible or unwieldy, is anything comparable in terms of video to splashtop?

Advertisement