• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can you email multiple pictures

Aha, figured it out! With the new 2.1 update, in gallery, press and hold the image you want to send. This will cause a checkmark to appear. Do the same for each pic you want to send. When all are selected, touch the "share" link, and BAM all will be attached!

I dunno if this worked with pre-2.1 gallery...

Thanks andoid devs!:D

Upvote 0
are u sure it adds all the selected? i thoguht it only adds the first one selected.

I'm sure. Are you sure you have the new gallery associated with 2.1?

Touch and hold the first photo/video you want to attach to an email. This will activate "select mode" and place little gray checkmarks on every thumbnail. Now you can just touch each gallery thumbnail you want; the gray checkmark will turn green. When you've selected all the photos you want to email, poke share > gmail and they will all be attached to an email.

Upvote 0
Download the app "Gallery II" from the market, use that for your gallery. I am not sure why yours is not working but I use that for my gallery anyway, so I happen to know that holding down on an image will enter "Select" mode.

Holding down the image brings up a menu with the following:
View, Slideshow, Share, Set as, Rotate, Delete, Crop, Details

I will download Gallery II and see if that will do it for me.

Upvote 0
None of the above methods work for me. Droid Incredible Froyo 2.2

I have a Droid X:

All the posts on this subject are help full. Here is what I did to send multiple photos in one E-mail:

1. On your "Desktop" select the white circled button at the bottom of your screen, you have now opened the Applications page that came with your Droid X phone.
2. Scroll down in alphabetical order, find and then click on "Gallery"
3. A gallery-window will open, I saw four Icons: 1) "Camera Roll, 2) "My Tags", 3) "Folders" and (4) "All Photos".
4. In the Gallery window I clicked on Camera Roll.
5. Small pictures appear in a Photo Grid.
6. Now click on "Menu", by pressing the lower left hand button on your Droid X device.
7. The Menu selection options appear, one of those options are "Select Items".
8. Click on Select Items
9. The Photo Grid (above item 5) again appears.
10. You can now see gray-shadow "Check Marks" in all the pictures.
11. Click on the Check Mark that are on the photo you want to E-mail.
12. The selected Check Marks will turn bright green.
13. After your selections, again go back to Menu
14. Your Menu options now include a "Share" double arrow icon
15. Click on Share
16 The "Share picture via" window now appears.
17. Select G-mail
18. The "Compose" window now opens
19. In the red rimmed "To" box type the E-mail address to whom you want to send your pictures to. Then click "Subject". In the red-rimmed subject-box, type your subject.
20. In the "Compose Mail" box write your message.
21. Now press "Send", like any E-mail. All of your photos are now sent.

I hope this works for you.

Upvote 0
At least in 2.2 you:
1) go to gallery
2) press 'all photos'
3) with photos displayed, press symbol just below photo thumbnails (a circle with arrows at 10 and 2 o'clock)
4) select Gmail from the menu that appears
5) All your photos will now have grayed check boxes; click in thumbnails to select.

When done selecting press the NEXT button bottom left of thumbnails. You'll be in the Gmail editor with all selected photos attached.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones