• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can you track a battery suck app?

JagShrapnel

Jan 16, 2012
I think I have an app on my phone which is eating my battery but I am not sure which it is, I have watchdog installed but doesn't seem to get it.

My battery was at 60% the other day and within 20mins totally died. I noticed it drains pretty quick too even with minimal usage...

Running mobster lite.

I think I have an app on my phone which is eating my battery but I am not sure which it is, I have watchdog installed but doesn't seem to get it.

My battery was at 60% the other day and within 20mins totally died. I noticed it drains pretty quick too even with minimal usage...

Running mobster lite.

Well, These batteries suck to begin with, But about the apps:

Look in the power section in the settings menu. Itl give you what apps are using your battery most.

If you click the graph, Itl open up other details. The rate of drop, Wifi, Etc... Is your phone awake alot with the screen off?

Upvote 0
Can you get more detail beyond this?

aUDb4E4.png

Upvote 0
Besides Carat and a battery monitoring app, definitely get wakelock detector to see what if anything is preventing the phone from entering deep sleep. I had a similar situation and found out that the magic jack app I was using prevented me from the deep sleep because it kept polling the phone, checking to see if anyone was calling. :rolleyes:
OB

Reactions: zanthal and DonB
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones