• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How comfortible is reading on the LG Ally?

Eazail70x7

Android Expert
Mar 13, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
I see that the Ally has a very high pixel density on its screen (292), due to the 800 x 480 resolution being placed on a 3.2 inch screen.

I can tell you that when I read for an extended amount of time on my Moment, I can easily catch one of those eye aches. (Similar to a headace except its right around your eye).

I know the text must be pretty sharp. Just curious what its like to read a screen with nice sharp letters...

Thats funny, I thought the text was fine. Didnt think twice. How old are you guys? Im pretty young..so that might be the reason I dont have a problem or strain. (if we are talking about the browser, there IS a way to make the text larger if that helps at all)

Then again, I have a laptop with a 13" screen and 1600x900 resolution and woulda got the 1920x1800 had I the extra cash! Seems everyone these days are all about upping the screen size on a phone. Gotta remember the resolutions part too! Screen real-estate comes from the resolution, not the screen size. So give me more resolution, baby! :cool:

Totally agree though, sheesh! Would it kill em to at least give us a 3.5" screen?

Upvote 0
If you guys are talking about reading text in the web browser, then there is a way to increase the font size. Its one of the first things I did when I got my Ally. When you have the browser open, click menu\more\settings. Then just change the font size from normal to large.

How is reading on it after you enlarge the font size?

Upvote 0
I cannot find the more/settings, I just got my Ally yesterday, please help me! My friend got hers 2 weeks ago and she STILL doesn't know how to use hers!

Do what flyinjoe13 said and when you have the web browser on your phone open, click the menu button (looks like 4 horizontal lines with 1 larger one at the top and 3 shorter ones at the bottom) then click on the "more" option. Then at the bottom of the list there is a "Settings (menu+p)" option. In there you will get the font option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones