1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How Contacts are displayed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by charltonjames, Dec 20, 2011.

1. charltonjames

charltonjames Newbie
    None

May 26, 2010
    HI,

Since getting my phone i havent been too happy with the way contacts are displayed in the phone app or when you receive a call. I'm not keen are the fact that the pictures designated to each contact are zoomed in and pixelated slightly. Is there any way of changing the settings so the contacts picture displays in full?

Cheers

Advertisement

2. DSG04lightning

DSG04lightning Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 21, 2009
    Where are you getting your pictures from. Are they being auto loaded with a 3rd party app (syncmypics or etc) or are you loading them yourself?

3. charltonjames

charltonjames Newbie
    None

May 26, 2010
    They came from when i added my google account to my phone. I believe they are the Facebook pictures my contacts had at the time.

Are you suggesting this is 3rd party app issue, probably related to the aspect ratios set by Facebook?

4. DSG04lightning

DSG04lightning Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 21, 2009
    Yes it is a 3rd party app issue. There is a high quality sync but apparently doesnt work well. I get it done the right way but is alot of work go to your friends FB save one of their pics and update their contact on people app then you can delete their picture. This is the only way to do it neatly and have a quality picture

It goes back to Google and facebook talks of sharing info. Thats the reason 3rd party apps were created. Unfortunately I don't think any 3rd party support ICS at this time

charltonjames likes this.
Tags: