1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How did my phone just do a factory reset on it's own

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by addermc, Jan 6, 2020.

1. addermc

addermc Newbie

I did a factory reset again couple days ago. Since then it's running incredible slow and buffers on everything. It started buffering and took 11 minutes to access Tumblr app. And super fast Mint browser and downloader now runs as slow as chrome and Firefox apps. Started buffering again so I did a restart and Boom! Says do you want to back up data,or start phone like brand new.

Advertisement

2. Steven58

Steven58 Recognized Incompetent Moderator

If you get your password wrong a certain number of times, it can factory data reset. That's one possibility.

MrJavi, ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what phone do you have?

MrJavi likes this.
  4. addermc

addermc Newbie

Hey y'all sorry for Just getting back to question I asked. Stupid nurse won't let us have phone in chemo. Anyway when Phone reset it self, I was on humor website, and it just flashed like and started the reset process. Have a ZTE Max Android, which I love over iPhone 10(traded 13yr old daughter, knows more about it than me). But whatever reset did everything been working a hell of a lot better.

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  5. steiny180

steiny180 Android Enthusiast

Are you sure it wasn't just a system update??..

6. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Enthusiast

Are you sure it didn't just restart?
    I am a big fan of ZTE, and I have found that they will restart on their own if they get bogged down.

In my case, it turns out that a launcher I loved had massive Google junk eating up a ton of memory constantly.

Check your apps, the ones that you can install/uninstall.

If something is running constantly and uses a lot of memory, it can make the phone crash.

tube517 likes this.
  7. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

I had a ZTE Zmax Pro and it factory reset itself once.

Which ZMax do you have? Those are old phones and don't have enough internal memory in 2020.