• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How did you apply your 2.2 update?

LaTuFu

Android Expert
Nov 10, 2009
Virginia
Just wanted to pass along some information I gathered recently.

A USCC store tech let me know that they were having issues with the 2.2 update. (Surprise!)

But almost all of the issues were coming from customers that downloaded from the website and installed using Mini Kies.

He wiped my phone and installed the full OS package from their store connection.

I honestly have no idea what differences it has with the mini kies version of the update.

I can tell you that my phone ran flawlessly for 3 days until the replacement phone came in.

That phone has been running flawlessly since I got it.

The battery life still sucks, but all the other "nickel and dime" issues appear to be missing.

If you're frustrated with your phone and used mini kies to update to 2.2, you may want to consider taking it to the store and having them wipe it and reinstall the OS.

It seems to have done the trick for mine.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones