1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How did you learn to develop?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by creed10, Aug 15, 2012.

1. creed10

creed10 Android Enthusiast

I don't know if anybody has noticed, but I don't know two pants about developing. Half of the time I don't know what anybody is talking about, but I don't ask questions to keep from embarrassing myself. So, back to the topic. If you'd like to let the world know where you got your vast devving knowledge, drop it here! I'd sure like to have some places to start! Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. vce2005

vce2005 Android Expert

Well, I leave the kittens to the cat and the puppies to the dog !!!

Not putting my paws on anything I don't have a clue about. I leave that to the younger and smarter generation ! Grinzzzzzzz

3. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Android Expert

lolz

well heres something hes doing wrong..
    ask questions.. its the number one way to learn.
    two.. search and rescue..
    you can search old forums.. even if they are dead. they have valuable information.
    check the important posts.

i know in the guide for prevail there is a dev tools forum.
    check it out.. and good luck learning atleast the abc's of deving xD
    its where im at.. i dont know the XYZ though XP

creed10 likes this.
  4. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Android Expert

I would have to agree. I learned through asking questions, consulting Google, and much trial and error.
    I am still learning new things to this day and I still asking questions.

creed10 likes this.
  5. Savage Shadows

Savage Shadows Android Enthusiast

Oh and don't forget about learning from people getting mad at your own noob questions, even if they are with every good intention of trying to learn. That totally tells you that you're asking something you're not ready to ask yet. Well, sometimes.

6. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

Im dont own a prevail but my lil bro has one... I have a warp :p... but I started deving at the end of june with absolutely no knowledge and I now have my own smash hit rom over on the warp forum plus I now have a dev badge.... did I mention im only 17? Haha... the way I got into developing is by stopping myself from thinking everything was so difficult and then actually started doing things... There are tuts everywhere on the web on pretty much anything... I just followed a few of them and instead of reading through them blindly I tried my hardest to understand what was actually happening and tried to do a few things on my own... and like stated earlier there is alot of trial and error... if you dont fail on your first try with developement the world would probably end :p... not trying to sound like I am a pro or anything... im still a nub to all of this but im always learning

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

creed10 likes this.
  7. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

i think you mean
    :p :p :p :p :p
    :D :D :D :D :D

but to the op... everthing i know (which contrary to popular belief, isnt very much. :lmao: :rofl: ) came from reading and asking questions. LOTS of reading.

creed10 likes this.
  8. exgenmeikoj

exgenmeikoj Android Enthusiast

to simplyfly it for you. developing for android is a mess but is also fun i learned from how shabby >>hroark13 and the rest of the good devs reading there notes among the code.

i couldnt find no guides (etc!) to help me with learning but im skilled with programming if you want to start your gonna want a good build env

my build is unbuntu x86 10.10 useing kate for an ide and normel build :D i rock but no i do have a special gift for you all lets just say i got it booting :( in the process softbircked my recovery

creed10 likes this.
  9. creed10

creed10 Android Enthusiast

Thanks to all of you! Its not what I expected, but hey! It gave me the motivation to actually try something! Good thing I'm not the only noob ;)

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews