1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how do i acsess my gmail or create a new one if onevis akready actuve

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Android Question

I bought a HUAWEI android phone from a freind and the gmail is set up to him ,how do i accsess my own or make a new one ?

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

if you have forgotten your password, and if you did not use a backup email link to get back into your gmail account.
    it is dead forever.... google will NOT help you at all, they simply refused to assist me in any way.

I lost my very own favorite email address when a computer just died about 10 years ago...
    and I lost my list of passwords with it........ yup, everything I had was stored on that one single hard drive. and, it did not help that I stupidly used my home telephone number instead of my cellphone.... and both of those numbers are now dead after moving to a different state.

Live and Learn, never again, I now have 3 backups in 3 different places.

3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

If the phone is still set up on your friend's name and accounts, that means that he did not factory reset the phone to factory defaults and wipe his data. Do a factory reset: this will wipe all user data from the phone and restore it to out-of-the-box condition. You can then sign in with your Google account information and set it up as you please.

AZgl1500 likes this.