1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how do i add custom notification sounds?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CFD323, May 27, 2010.

1. CFD323

CFD323 Well-Known Member

I want to add some of my own sounds to use as notification sounds but cant figure out how.
    I added some but none of them showed up in the notifications sound menu. Which folder do i need to put them in?

2. Andoug

Andoug Member

Put a notifications folder on your sd card. Add sounds to folder and voila they should now show up. The only thing you won't be able to use them for is the mounting/unmounting notification of the sd card when you power up or down as the sd card isn't available then

marctronixx and CFD323 like this.
  3. merkaba

merkaba Newbie

if anyone has neat sounds they use for notifications they should post them somewhere :)

4. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE!

5. Musky

Musky Android Expert

One of my personal favorites:

Incoming message

marctronixx likes this.
  6. spacebratt

spacebratt Newbie

Ok I am still new at this coming from the BB world. How do you add a folder to your SD card?

7. Musky

Musky Android Expert

Hook the phone to your PC with the USB cable. Then go into "My computer" and open the drive letter that is the SD card of the phone, then right-click on a blank area and choose "new folder" from the menu that comes up. Name it "Notifications" and then drag and drop your sounds into it.

That is just one way, there are a few others too. You can actually create a folder right on your phone with a file management app, like "Astro".

marctronixx and spacebratt like this.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews