• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I back everything up...

Atty

May 23, 2010
My phone isn't working right. It will randomly restart and get stuck on the white HTC screen. It'll only boot back up after a battery pull.

I'm going to reset it to default but I want to know how I can back up all my stuff. I could care less about my applications but I don't want to lose contacts or SMS/MMS records, etc.

I agree! Do not assume anything is already backed up!

The easiest way to back everything up is to just download the free MIQ app, from Best Buy Mobile...

This will sync and backup contacts, sms, calender, photos, video, bookmarks ect. to an online private account. That way when you restore the phone all you do is download the app again and sign in to get all your content back!

You can also sign in online to manage your phone, send texts from the web, or import contact lists from gmail, outlook, or other places to immediately push to your phone. Pretty cool!

Hope that helps! Good luck with the funky screen issue...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones