• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I back up my stuff?

Filament

Dec 27, 2008
Doing a warranty exchange with T-Mobile because of the squeaky hinge issue. Anyone know if there's a way to back everything on the phone up so when I get the new one I don't have to reinstall/reconfigure EVERYTHING? My phone settings, my applications, the applications settings, etc. I just want my phone to keep on going as if nothing ever changed if that's possible.

Any ideas? Anyone had a successful experience doing this?

I'm not entirely sure you can do all of that.

Astro which is in the market will allow you to back up your market applications but not the settings

Contacts etc are synced with your gmail account anyway so no problem there along with your calendar.

When I wiped my handset the other night I went back into the market and under my downloaded apps all the ones I had downloaded were showing so just reinstalled.

I must admit with the G1 it's a lot less painful feinstalling stuff than what it it with other handsets I have owned

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones