• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how do i backup data when changing rom?

Empath

Sep 9, 2011
i want to try out some new roms but i want to make sure i save all my data. ive been backing apps by copying the from app folder in phone and the only data i can backup is from apps that have a backup to sd feature. the solution i seen most people use is titanium backup but after i change rom and re install titanium the backups i made for all my apps dont exist anymore. ive either followed the wrong tutorial or im not doing something right, can anyone give me a quick guide?

Easiest way is to do a contact backup, and copy the entire contents of your phone onto your PC.

Or use Titanium backup if you want.

I don't back my stuff up other than contacts....But I have...and all I needed to do was reinstall the app I wanted and then copy over the remaining userdata into the appropriate place. (drag and drop...skip all existing files....copies over the rest)

Reactions: Empath
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones