• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I backup game data?

wooks63

May 2, 2010
London, UK
I want to install the latest multi touch update (from T-Mobile UK) but before I do I want to back up all my games data. When I updated to 2.1 I lost them all and had to start again. In particular I don't fancy going through all the levels in Angry Birds yet again to get 3 stars and all the golden eggs.

Does the standard backup and restore app do this or is there something else I can use? Or does this latest update leave apps as they are?

Thanks.

The update *should* not touch what you have saved since the games are on the SD card. but you can never be too carefull. Try to see if there is any saved games folders on the sd and back them up before upgrading. I don't know about AB but for exemple Glu games have a folder in the SD for saves.

I don't think Backup and Restore will do much

Upvote 0
Hey Wooks, hadn't even given game data a thought cos I don't use my phone for that however son likes to nick it for a bit of Angrybird and the data is intact after running the update (phew - he'd have been an unhappy bunny if I had lost all that!). I did select the top option, only install update not the second update and factory reset.

Upvote 0
titanium backup cant backup angry birds progress, I dled an app called angrybirdsbackup and angrybirdsseasonsbackup. I'm not aware of any other game backup apps, really want one for bonsai blast.

Actually it does, but I guess its because I have TB Pro. I know it works as I have restored all my apps including Angrybirds and Angrybirds Seasons at least 15-20 times trying different ROMs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones