• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I backup my stuff before a factory reset?

MaxPowers

Jul 23, 2010
I recently got the vibrant and am having the same issues that everyone is having. I tried some of the fixes for the GPS but still not working. I want to try one of the fixes and want to do a factory reset before I do it.
How do I backup stuff like Sims 3 and Avatar and the other things that came with this phone? Will the touchwiz still be there?
When I pay for apps, does it tie it to my gmail account so I can download them again later if I delete them?

I recently got the vibrant and am having the same issues that everyone is having. I tried some of the fixes for the GPS but still not working. I want to try one of the fixes and want to do a factory reset before I do it.
How do I backup stuff like Sims 3 and Avatar and the other things that came with this phone? Will the touchwiz still be there?
When I pay for apps, does it tie it to my gmail account so I can download them again later if I delete them?

Sims 3 and Avatar arent going anywhere. No need to worry about those. I did a reset as well and the apps that came with the phone will be there again. In fact, your photos will still be in there too.

Upvote 0
Sims 3 and Avatar arent going anywhere. No need to worry about those. I did a reset as well and the apps that came with the phone will be there again. In fact, your photos will still be in there too.

I lost the Avatar movie... not sure what I did but its gone.
I did the factory reset and its still not found... what can I do?I only only had the phone one day lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones