• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I block a phone number from sending me text messages?

Block Calls From a Number:

Tap “Apps” on the home screen
Go to “Settings”
Tap “Call” > “Reject calls from”
Tap “+” and perform one of the steps below:
Select a contact and tap “Done”
Select a call log entry and tap “Done”
Write the phone number you want to block and tap “Save”

Upvote 0
Block Calls From a Number:

Tap “Apps” on the home screen
Go to “Settings”
Tap “Call” > “Reject calls from”
Tap “+” and perform one of the steps below:
Select a contact and tap “Done”
Select a call log entry and tap “Done”
Write the phone number you want to block and tap “Save”

My path was slightly different, but I got there.

Will it bloc text messages? The option seemed to indicate it was about phone calls.

Upvote 0
That will be dependent on the text messages app you are using. I use textra, which has the option to block any texts I want, easily

I don't think it worked.

I was motivated to make this thread after I got included in a juvenile group text chat. I think, because one of the phone numbers was very similar to mine.

I got 1 more message after I entered the phone numbers as per your earlier instructions.

I have very little space on my phone because the manufacturer filled half the space with default apps I can not uninstall.

The only apps I chose on my own were Pandora and Instgram, both of which I regularly use.

Getting included on that group text chat was enough to motivate to part with some of my precious space and install Textra.

I see what you mean, it is a lot easier to block someone. Just press down on their name, hit the 3 dots menu, and pick block.

Thank you.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones