1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

How do i cancel an outgoing sms message?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Kharl, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Kharl

Kharl Well-Known Member

Something really basic, and no real reasonable reason why not to give that option...

sometimes i send the same message.. or sometimes i JUST DONT WANT TO SEND that message...

how do i cancel it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest

If you dont want to send an sms just delete allof its text and exit your sms app

Hadron likes this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

You can't. Once it's gone there is no way of recalling it.

The only way would be to install a replacement SMS app which delayed sending for a bit, giving you the chance to change your mind before it actually sent. I don't know whether such a thing exists, but there's no reason someone couldn't write this. But once it's sent, there's nothing you can do.

If you realise that you don't want to send it before you press Send, Pugs has given the answer above.

Mikestony likes this.
  4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Handcent allows a delay for sending of an sms :) (up to 7 seconds it looks like)

Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  5. Kharl

Kharl Well-Known Member

of course once is gone it can be undone..

As my post tittle says.. an OUTGOING.... what it means.. when the message is still in "sending..." status..

6. Kharl

Kharl Well-Known Member

it looks like everybody forgot the phones before smarts ones.. when you hit send, it takes between 2 and 4 secs to be sent, but if you press the red, cancel, end or back button, then the outgoing message is halted and the message is sent to draft.
    ALL the phones used to do that.

7. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest

Why would you want to talk about old phones? You didn't start of talking about them.

8. Mikestony

VIP Member

Sometimes my sms app sends it instantaneously, no chance of hitting the back button :eek: :D

9. Kharl

Kharl Well-Known Member

because it was not necessary until now.
    i had to bring the oldphones to the conversation because when i asked if there's any way to cancel an outgoing message... everybody reacted like if i was talking about something out of this world.

10. Mikestony

VIP Member

Apologies if that is how we sounded, but we did not know what device nor messaging app you were using.
    I assumed you had sent the message and thought about cancelling it a short time later :(

11. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest

My assumption was the same as Mikestony's. You asked about sending messages and were told its not possible to cancel. I still dont see what discussing old technology related to your opening post. Im confused (not that it takes a lot to confuse me)

12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Old phones lagged. Feature phones lagged very badly.

They didn't take away a feature, they improved the response time of the hardware.

Handcent will do what you want.

The End.

Lordvincent 90 and Mikestony like this.