• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I change phone number listed in phone?

There's already a thread on this. You can basically update the number on the phone using a dumb phone. I use my Samsung D500 to do it as it's the only dumb phone I have that lets me edit the number on the SIM card.

The carrier has nothing to do with it as like others have said its reading the number off the SIM card.

Sweet. I do have an old T-mobile phone and put in the SIM and updated the number! Now it shows up correctly on my Nexus One!

Thankz! :)

Upvote 0
I have a Verizon demo phone that is tied to a phone number. Verizon won't let me switch it to my number until the rep clears the number. But I have no way of finding the rep and Verizon says it can't trace the number back to an actual employee even though it comes up as an employee phone.

Is there any way for me to clear the phone number myself with root access?

Thanks,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones