• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I change which screen is the home screen?

Last night as I was poking around and looking at apps and menus/settings, I could have sworn I saw something that would let me select a different home screen to go to upon pressing the home button. And, of course, I can't find it now! Any ideas? Or should I just suck it up and move all the apps I put on the wrong screen?

Last night as I was poking around and looking at apps and menus/settings, I could have sworn I saw something that would let me select a different home screen to go to upon pressing the home button. And, of course, I can't find it now! Any ideas? Or should I just suck it up and move all the apps I put on the wrong screen?

Do you have a Dock? That may have been it. Got one today and gave me the options of Bedside, Productivity, or Dismiss picker.

Upvote 0
Loer right corner of the screen, next to the (default) Dialer, Messaging, and Camera buttons. (I think it's messaging... I already changed it and don't remember what it was)

Right. OK, I didn't know that was referred to as a "drawer" button. Thanks.

Looks like either I was hallucinating or misremembering when I thought I found a way to switch around the home screens :) So, I'm going to -- when I have time to kill -- just move the apps and widgets from screen to screen to get what I prefer on the screen that appears on the "home" button press. I think I'm over complicating this. I mean, I love the customizability of most things Droid, but just because I can doesn't mean I should. I think I've messed with too many things too soon. I mean, heck, I've downloaded almost 50 apps in the space of five days. Overkill? LMAO!!

Upvote 0
Do you have a launcher installed? I know Go launcher lets you do that.

Nope. Just using stock... seems to be ok for me so far. I can't stop messing around with my apps and widgets. It's a bit addictive! LOL!

OK, so last night, I finally figured out where I saw what I mentioned in the OP. I had added an app called Car Dock that lets you customize six buttons to show up on the screen (Six HUGE buttons, I might add) when you put the phone in the car dock. There's a setting under preferences in THAT app that lets you specify a "Starting Page" and you can select from among five screens - I guess each of those will hold six apps/widgets/shortcuts as well. Cool.

Anyway, I think that's what I saw and thought I could apply to the main home screen. No dice. So, I just went ahead and reconfigured my screens (I took pics of the home screens with my old BB and used that for reference!).

Could a mod mark this thread solved, maybe? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I have the same question as the OP. I like the default layout of the Bionic, but Im not able to delete homescreens nor set one to default. The center homescreen is default and will go to that screen on a single tap of the home button. I like to look at the right most homescreen because of the wallpaper I use.

Ive tried Moto Home Fix, but the single and double home taps no longer work.

Any app to fix this? Thanks.

Upvote 0

I'm using Go Launcher EX so it might be different on yours...?

I accidentally got my home screens mixed up too recently, and found the solution by accident today...
If I press menu soft button, Edit is the first choice under Go Launcher. From there you'll see all you home screens, and just tap the home icon to set which screen will pop up when you touch the home button.
Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0
I'm using Go Launcher EX so it might be different on yours...?

I accidentally got my home screens mixed up too recently, and found the solution by accident today...
If I press menu soft button, Edit is the first choice under Go Launcher. From there you'll see all you home screens, and just tap the home icon to set which screen will pop up when you touch the home button.
Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the reply, but the OP was using the stock launcher on the BIONIC in GB, last year.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones