• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I clear 'defaults in the Task Manager'?

Just when I thought that I had it figured out this jumps up at me when I tapped a link that was to take me to the Google Play Store. (see attachment) Perhaps I'm missing something here. Do I need to clear every app that may have a claim on he link type?

GImpinchair

Attachments

• 1388608647914.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0
Yep, that is where task manager is - a little snag though, there is no data in mine to cause a problem (brand new), there are no defaults to clear, so button is grayed out.

Ahh, forgot to state that I am having sync issues - getting the error message "couldn't sign in - problem communicating with google servers," been working on this problem for several hours. Trying to get the Yahoo email app from the google store on to the new tablet...
--- But I am signed in on the google web site, on the tablet.

On the General accounts settings page > google > accounts > email ==> I have a sync error at the top, while at the bottom of the screen it states there is a sync problem.
Sooooo, I'm going to wait tad bit longer to see if this is actually a google problem. From doing multiple searches, it appears there are a lot of these errors.... something is not right when this many people get that error.

And yep, I have done all the resets/power offs/restarts already.

Upvote 0
Please disregard.

I have since discovered that we have to use a da_n "GOOFY MAIL" email address accout on the G_ _ DA_N device!!!!
Yet another email account I will not be using.

Besides, if you do need to use this, go into goofy mail and turn on email forwarding to your regularly used account, with the other setting set to delete the goofy mail copy....

Upvote 0
Hello there. Hmmm, be glad to assist.

This will be the first time in 32 years of working in the computer field that anyone has ever asked me to modify text color (and I know someone else who has MUCH worse vision than me - and he has to wear red tinted glasses to see things).
--- I modified the size of this reply to see if it helps...?

The only problem is though, I use the default background color here, I do not modify that.

As to the blues, I was using the 2nd darkest blue on the color palette here and I despise using black.
But here, this reply is in the darkest blue on this palette.
Or maybe it was some of the light brown in me recent comments?

Maybe if the colors still don't come out, maybe you could do a select all so the colors stand out.

Or, if you wish, I could put my content into a Word doc for you & email it? I wouldn't mind.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones