1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How do I clear Google Voice sound notification defaults?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gink, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Gink

Gink Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 14, 2010
    Bronco Nation
    Earlier today I was trying to change my notification sound in Google Voice and it gave me the choice between "Music" and "Android System." I accidently chose Music and "make default" which I didn't mean to do. I went in to Manage Applications > Google Voice > and tried to clear defaults but it's grayed out. I cleared data and tried again but it automatically defaults to Music.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Google Voice twice, that hasn't helped. I am rooted so I actually tried flashing my ROM again and the default Music selection is still there.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to clear defaults for Google Voice...anyone have any other suggestions?

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    When in google voice and you hit menu then settings, there is an option to change your notifications... Not sure if this is what you are trying to do...
    I've never seen that choice you are talking about between android system or music.
    Edit: Have you tried going into manage applications and clearing the defaults from the music app?

3. Gink

Gink Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 14, 2010
    Bronco Nation
    Yeah, I cleared all the defauls that appear to be related to sound but none of them worked. I know my system is a little different because I'm rooted and running MIUI ROM. Not sure which "app" controls that.

ETA: this happened with all apps that use a notification tone, I lost the ability to choose a ringtone and can only choose music. So, it's not GV related.

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Have you tried flashing the rom after doing data/cache wipe, that will clear all your settings.
    Edit: or I guess you could try going through every app and clearing defaults.