1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do I completely delete a game?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by keith Taylor, Dec 21, 2020.

1. keith Taylor

keith Taylor Lurker

I'm trying to completely remove a game so that I can start again from scratch. I have tried clearing Data & Cache before deleting it but when I reinstall it returns me to the level I was at prior to deleting it. It isn't saved to Facebook or anything like that.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.

Dannydet likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Depends on the game. The information may be saved on the servers it uses. You'd have to create a new account with a new username that the server sees as new...

ocnbrze and keith Taylor like this.
  3. keith Taylor

keith Taylor Lurker

Thanks Dannydet. I suspected something along those lines. I've installed on two devices without any problem and the game hasn't picked up anything from the previous installation so I'm suspecting it's actually a hidden file on the device rather than the server. It's not a big deal as there are plenty of other games out there.

Dannydet likes this.
  4. AshS23

AshS23 Newbie

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Yeah, that was my suspicion. That or you have an option to back up app data to Google somewhere (e.g. in your phone's System settings there may be a Backup option).

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  6. keith Taylor

keith Taylor Lurker

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  7. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Enthusiast

Yeah head into the google cloud, and see where you picked off though, it is annoyance though, I tried it a few times, I do not like it sometimes, and other times it just sits on my cell forever and ends up hurting it more.

8. keith Taylor

keith Taylor Lurker

The wierd thing with this specific game is that, although I couldn't find any way to remove and reinstall to start from scratch, a couple of weeks later it did revert to a 'new' state i.e. all the guff you get when you first install and play.

9. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Enthusiast

guff is a non familiar word to me.