1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How do I connect to the internet not using Wifi?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by anthony1878, Dec 20, 2012.

1. anthony1878

anthony1878 Lurker

I'm only able to use my internet with a wifi connection. How do I use it when I have a signal and not within a wifi connection? I've tried calling customer service and they have been no help. I'm hoping it's an easy fix, otherwise I love the phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. systemofadown

systemofadown Android Enthusiast

You mean use 3g 4g right Im going to assume its 3g as that's the norm unless your lucky enough to live in a 4g area.. Your phone should just connect to 3g automatically when out of wifi range. is your 3g data enabled?

3. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

After making sure your at least your 3g data is on in settings it should show a 3g in your notification bar when connected. If you have a signal and still no 3g then you may need to do a SCRTN reset (the boost automated system will walk you through it) that will make your phone re-provision its services with the network.

4. anthony1878

anthony1878 Lurker

Yes 3g and it is enabled on the phone. Not sure what the problem is.

5. systemofadown

systemofadown Android Enthusiast

that's above my pay grade, but Codegerm is here ;)

6. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

First I am assuming you are on Stock ROM that the phone came with.

Do you get the 3g notification on your status bar at the top when looking at your home screen?

If you have made sure mobile network data is enabled and your Wifi is off/not connected and you have cell signal and still do not have a 3g connection then a SCRTN reset may be needed. This causes your phone to do the self activation process again. Boost's help menus will walk you through it but basically from your dialer dial ##72786# and answer yes when it asks you if you want to do it. Make sure you are in an area with a cell signal before you do it. Your phone will reset and do the activation process again and query the towers for your network settings again. It does take a few minutes to do this and it will check for updated PRL and firmware also.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews