• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I control the syncing and calendar alarms?

Garawa

Apr 25, 2012
Having freed up tons of memory my phone will start syncing again but it was never an aspect I truely got to grips with. For example, in my phone settings I have auto sync set to on. On the sync page most apps are set to manual while the ones I want are set to once every 8 hours for example. I remember seeing elsewhere on the phone where I set peak hours (can't find it now) where I assumed syncing would not occur outside of those hours.

Despite these, the phone often wakes me during the night to tell me I have new emails etc and I cannot figure out why! There seem to be many settings controlling the same thing! How can I ensure nothing syncs over night to wake me up or stick to the times I choose.

Also, does anyone know of a better way of keeping better alarms and calendar notes? On my N95 (which all transfered over to this with almost identical calendars) when a to-do note was triggered it would ring until I answered it so that I saw it. With this, it will beep and I miss it if not in the same room. I don't really want to fill up memory with more apps doing what I already have, but there must be something I am missing here surely???

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones