1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How do I delete emails in bulk from HTC Evo?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HTC Bob, Jul 13, 2011.

1. HTC Bob

HTC Bob Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Ok, I have an HTC EVO from Sprint. Just switched from USCellular, where I had the HTC Desire. With the Desire, I could go into my Gmail folder and simply click (select) each email, then hit menu and delete and delete emails in bulk. On the Evo, it seems mind-boggling, but there is no such option. In fact, the ONLY way I seem to be able to delete emails from the trash folder is to long-hold each one, then click delete on the menu that pops up. That's insanely user-unfriendly. Someone please tell me there's a better way to do this because I don't want to switch back to USCellular, but this is just not workable to have to delete each email one at a time, then delete each one again one at a time from the trash bin. Don't the developers have even an ounce of common sense? Why not a select all button?

Advertisement

2. Bnice

Bnice Guest
    None
    When you tap gmail and it takes you to all your mail,to the left is a check box. Check off and at the bottom you should get an option to delete.

3. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Yea, not sure why you wouldn't have this. EVERY gmail app is the same, except for ones on tablets. When you click Gmail, every mail has a checkbox next to it. Are you sure you are using the Gmail app and not the Mail app?

4. Evo

Evo Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 24, 2010
    Yeah, it looks like if you are in your inbox, you have to manually select the emails you want to delete, one at a time. But like the other guys said you can select all that you want, and then hit delete once with the button at the bottom.

But when you select your trash folder, at the very top, there should be a button that says "empty folder". This allows you to delete everything inside the trash folder. Looks like the "empty folder" is only available inside of the trash folder, as I do not see it as an option in any other folder, except "compose email".

Also just saw that your Outbox, has another different option "Resend mail".

5. HTC Bob

HTC Bob Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Sitlet wrote:

Definitely using the Gmail app. I can use my digital camera to get screen caps if anyone wants to see the screens.

Evo wrote:

Can you get a screen cap of that? I see no such option anywhere at the top, bottom, or elsewhere..

I have Sprint, an HTC EVO, and Android 2.3.

Tags: