1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How do I delete preloaded apps from a flashed and rooted evo 4g that was bought online?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jemurray, Dec 15, 2011.

1. jemurray

jemurray Lurker
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    I bought a flashed to boost mobile Evo 4g that has already been rooted, online. I don't need all the unnecessary Sprint apps that came pre-installed in it. How do I delete these apps without screwing up the rooted system?

Advertisement

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forums!

If you download Titanium Backup from the market, this will allow you to remlve the bloatware apps.

Rather than simply remove them, you may want to freeze them first, to see if they affect how the phone performs... if freezing the app has not affected performance, then you should be ok to remove the app. I'd freeze one app at a time, so you can really verify what is going on.

It is worth getting the paid version of Titanium - it's not that expensive and suppports the dev.

If you want any more info on how to get the most out of your phone, head here - HTC EVO 4G - Android Forums as other users will be able to give you advice.

Hope you find this place useful and thanks for joining!

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

Let me offer a word of caution. Many apps provide services for other parts of the OS and if you remove them, you can disable certain features or make your phone unusable. More importantly, system apps are not easily restorable like simply installing an .apk file. And once deleted, even a factory reset will not recover them. You will have to locate and flash a stock rom image to get them back. If you plan on rooting and deleting those apps, please check back here first before you do anything so we can make sure it's safe for you to delete those without any negative impact to your phone.

4. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Hello, welcome aboard. Here on Android Forum you'll get the best possible answers for your questions or concerns. Happy Holidays. ;)

Best of luck.