• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I delete the 'Me' entry in Phone Contacts list?

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 8, running Android V9.

After temporarily trying a new SIM PAYG card and then reverting to my original Vodafone contract SIM, I noticed that when I now tap the Phone icon and then select 'Contacts' from the row of options at the bottom of the screen (Keypad, Recents, Contacts, Voicemail, Places) there is a new entry at the top of the list. It' appears under the heading of 'Me' and lists the number of the now-removed SIM.

For some unknown reason, the temporary SIM installation generated this Me category of contact, but reinstalling the original SIM did not modify that contact to use the correct number.

I would like to completely delete this invalid 'Me' entry, but so far, I have failed to find any way to do this. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Reactions: Milo Willamson
I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 8, running Android V9.

After temporarily trying a new SIM PAYG card and then reverting to my original Vodafone contract SIM, I noticed that when I now tap the Phone icon and then select 'Contacts' from the row of options at the bottom of the screen (Keypad, Recents, Contacts, Voicemail, Places) there is a new entry at the top of the list. It' appears under the heading of 'Me' and lists the number of the now-removed SIM.

For some unknown reason, the temporary SIM installation generated this Me category of contact, but reinstalling the original SIM did not modify that contact to use the correct number.

I would like to completely delete this invalid 'Me' entry, but so far, I have failed to find any way to do this. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

I think that is complimentry incase you got your phone, suddenly swipped up and just saw it on your homescreen.

Upvote 0
I think that is complimentry incase you got your phone, suddenly swipped up and just saw it on your homescreen.
Thanks for trying to help, but I am struggling to understand your post, as it is written in a very confusing manner (I am guessing that English is not your first language).

However, even if I worked out what you were trying to say, it does not look like an answer to my question.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
have you tried a factory reset? i know note 8 did not have this. maybe double check with your new carrier as well.
I'm a little reluctant to do a factory reset, as I'm assuming that it would take me quite a long time to reconfigure the phone.

When you say that "I know Note 8 did not have this", I assume you simply mean that you have used a Note 8 that didn't have the 'Me' contact category. In the past, my own Note 8 didn't have it either. Now it does.

As stated in my OP, I am now back to using my normal carrier. I need to fix the problem while using that carrier's SIM. The new SIM was only in use for a few minutes and might never be used again on that phone.

Upvote 0
Thanks for trying to help, but I am struggling to understand your post, as it is written in a very confusing manner (I am guessing that English is not your first language).

However, even if I worked out what you were trying to say, it does not look like an answer to my question.
I was tired, I do not know why I wrote on here, thought I could help out, meaning the first conact should be your own information, there is no way how to delete it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones