• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do i delete unwanted ringtones?

I have no idea how to get into my SD card.

Even if you are not rooted any type of file explorer, (I Use Root explorer) will allow you to search your SD card..it will even let you view your root system..but it will not allow your alter it. just scroll down to SD card... find a folder called media and inside that should be two folders..one notifications and the other ringtones I use ringdroid to make my ringtones and thats where it stores them..probably the same for other ringtone makers too. once you access the ringtones you can probably long press on the ringtone to bring up a menu to delete the file. good luck

Upvote 0
Only problem with Root explorer is its a paid app, unless you know how to get paid apps for free install this one on your phone, its free and it does the same thing :) and its a good app, has over 23 million downloads, although I like and I have root explorer, this one will work just fine for you.

https://market.android.com/details?...?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5tZXRhZ28uYXN0cm8iXQ..

And then look for sdcard/system/media/ringtones.

and also look in system/media/ringtones in case their not in the sd card.

and delete the ringtones if you can find them.

Good luck report back if you were able to do it.

Link to root explorer $3.99, for whatever reason.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer&hl=en

Upvote 0
Hi. I downloaded the suggested free file viewer and installed it. I went to /system/media/audio/ringtones and tried to delete them. They will NOT delete. These are the ringtones that come with the LG Optimus-S. However, these are not my problem. My problem is that I added a few ringtones. How do I delete those additional ringtones and where do I find them? Thanks in advance.

Dick

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones