• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do i disable running applications for good?

J S Machine

Jul 28, 2010
I just recently upgraded to 2.2. I had been running with 2.1 for some time and after learning about how I had to have 2.2 for flash I went that route. I also was using ATK as well, and I am just lost without it. I am having more battery issues than before. My phone is very laggy sometimes, to the point that I want to throw it. I have become very frustrated with it at times.

I know some of it is related to running services. I want to list what I have in my running services and hopefully you guys can tell me if it needs to be there or not, and if not how to get rid of them.

1. PowerAMP - Headset Micro Service
2. Guage Battery Widget - UpdateService
3. K-9 Mail - PushService
4. Smooth Calendar - UpdateService
5. Facebook - FacebookService
6. Digi Clock Widget - SimpleClockUpdateService
7. Android System - ExtDispService
8. Social Networking - SocialWidgetProvider - FeedReceiverService
9. Weather - WeatherService - WeatherWidgetProvider
10. Backup Assistant - AuthenticationService
11. Social Status - StatusWidgetProvider - NewsRetrievalService
12. Toggle Widgets - GpsToggle$UpdateService
13. Contacts - CacheService
14. Messages - MessageWidgetProvider
15. Data Manager Service - DataManagerService
16. Market - AlarmService
17. Google Services Framework - Google Messaging Service
18. Sync Service - SyncService
19. Skype mobile - Skype mobile
20. Global Unplug - GlobalUnplugService
21. Swype - Swype

I know what some of those are, but a good bit of them have me puzzled. I have no use for skype whatsoever, but I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Any help here would be appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones