• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I downgrade to 2.1 Eclair?

HavoCentral

Lurker
Jan 12, 2011
After giving frayo a chance, I have decided the cons out way the pros, since the only pro I found was flash, which isn't really that great.

Unless a browser with a great ad blocker comes out, I cant use it, since I watch tv shows and such, I have to go through ads and such just to watch something.

Cons-
-No silent-vibrate-ring option- only silent or vibrate.
-No wi-fi and apn- so I have to disable wifi and enable apn in order to send or receive a mms message.
-When leaving a wifi area, instead of the apn kicking in automatically, I have to disable wifi.
-Apps run constantly and restart themselves, and ATK doesn't work that well anymore.
-Screen wont turn off by itself any more. when I get a txt and dont realize it, the notification turns my screen on and it wont turn off. and it kills my battery.
-Certain apps only work on wifi- not apn.
-Has anyone noticed the 2x-5x increase in speed? I sure haven't, in fact the extra indestructible apps slow it down even more.
-AT&T blocks tethering, so there is no use in it. Especially since no unlimited plan.
-Additional bloatware.
-Call Logs lacks all calls view, and is bloated with your txt messages.

PROS-
-Flash- not that great.
-The ram manager- tho the task manager sucks.
-Swype finally upgraded-this is the only thing I would miss if I downgrade.
-firefox-not sure if it is 2.2 only, or I just happened to check for it again after the upgrade.

So my question is, How do I downgrade?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones