1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How do I downgrade to 2.1 Eclair?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HavoCentral, Mar 3, 2011.

1. HavoCentral

HavoCentral Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2011
    After giving frayo a chance, I have decided the cons out way the pros, since the only pro I found was flash, which isn't really that great.

Unless a browser with a great ad blocker comes out, I cant use it, since I watch tv shows and such, I have to go through ads and such just to watch something.

Cons-
    -No silent-vibrate-ring option- only silent or vibrate.
    -No wi-fi and apn- so I have to disable wifi and enable apn in order to send or receive a mms message.
    -When leaving a wifi area, instead of the apn kicking in automatically, I have to disable wifi.
    -Apps run constantly and restart themselves, and ATK doesn't work that well anymore.
    -Screen wont turn off by itself any more. when I get a txt and dont realize it, the notification turns my screen on and it wont turn off. and it kills my battery.
    -Certain apps only work on wifi- not apn.
    -Has anyone noticed the 2x-5x increase in speed? I sure haven't, in fact the extra indestructible apps slow it down even more.
    -AT&T blocks tethering, so there is no use in it. Especially since no unlimited plan.
    -Additional bloatware.
    -Call Logs lacks all calls view, and is bloated with your txt messages.

PROS-
    -Flash- not that great.
    -The ram manager- tho the task manager sucks.
    -Swype finally upgraded-this is the only thing I would miss if I downgrade.
    -firefox-not sure if it is 2.2 only, or I just happened to check for it again after the upgrade.

So my question is, How do I downgrade?

Advertisement